Meet our Adoptable Pugs!
Click here to complete an adoption application (applications also accepted for "coming soon" Pugs). Be sure to check out our Facebook page for frequent photo updates and stories! https://www.facebook.com/bluegrasspugrescue.org
Adoption Fee Schedule (Effective 12/1/2017):
Pugs under 1 Year Old: $400
Pugs 1 - 6 Years Old: $325
Pugs 7 - 9 Years Old: $275
Pugs 10 Years Old and Over: $150
- Our expenses average 4 times the amount of the adoption fee per dog - meaning we have to generate $3.00 in donations for every $1.00 in adoption fees.
- We are an all-volunteer organization that functions only on the money we raise through donations and adoption fees - we promise to spend the money we raise in a responsible manner and to spend it to help the Pugs.
- We often don't know exactly how old the Pugs are. We use our Vet's expert opinion to determine approximate age in these scenario
- It will be your responsibility to travel to pick up your Pug. Transport assistance may be arranged if resources are available.
- Please understand that we sometimes have a waiting list of applicants. We compare incoming Pugs to the needs of previously approved adopters on our waiting list and offer incoming Pugs to those adopters first. Even if there isn't a Pug that is perfect for your now, we encourage you to complete an application so you'll be approved and ready to go when the "perfect pug" comes along.
Ollie #217, 8 year old fawn male
Who's a pretty boy? Well, obviously I am! I am Ollie and I am the first rescue for BPR this year. I am 8 years old and here's my story. My family took me to the vet because they knew something was wrong. I was diagnosed as diabetic. My family could not provide the care I needed, so a wonderful vet tech asked if they would give me to her so she could find a rescue. My family really loved me and knew it was best for me, so here I am! I am super sweet and get along with other dogs. I like toys and attention. BPR will get me regulated and then I will be ready for my forever home. You will learn more about me soon!
Hank #212- fawn male, pug mix (9 months old), AVAILABLE for adoption
Good Morning! I am Hank and I am new to BPR. Yes, I know I am a little strange looking for a pug. BPR was told I am a mix of Cocker Spaniel and pug. Those who have met me say I look like a pug over a big beagle body. Whatever I am, I am cute! I am 9 months old and super sweet. I have learned basic commands and am a lot more comfortable is new situations. I am becoming quite social. I like to play and cuddle. I want to be a lap dog, but I am already 34 lbs., so it is best if I learn to sit beside you!!! I am healthy and am looking for my forever home. If you have a big couch, maybe I could cuddle with you?!
Adoption fee: $400
Howie #153 - Fawn Male ~ 11 years old AVAILABLE for adoption
Adoption fee: $150
Meet Howie! We'll have more details on Howie soon.
Chico #211: fawn male, 7 years old, AVAILABLE for adoption
Adoption fee: $275
Hi everyone, I’m Chico and I am around 7 years old. I’ve had a bit of a rough past but I’m doing much better since I’ve joined BPR. They don’t know a lot about what happened to me before I came here, but BPR understands things weren’t always great for me. I was with my first family for most of my life and then was passed around a bit. I spent a lot of time in a garage by myself so that got me a little confused with some of my house manners. I can be slow to trust people, especially men, and I’m not a fan of being corrected, but I really want to please. I’m with a great foster family who are really patient with me. They are helping me learn to trust and all I want is to be near my people. I know there is a special forever family out there who is willing to help me be the best pug I can be, and I can’t wait to meet you!