RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION OF ALL CLAIMS / ASSUMPTION OF RISK / COVENANT NOT TO SUE
Bluegrass Pug Rescue, Inc., a Kentucky Corporation, PO Box 19522, Louisville, KY 40259
1. In consideration of being permitted to participate in any way in any activities conducted under the auspices of Bluegrass Pug Rescue, Inc., a Kentucky non-profit dog animal rescue corporation, including, but not limited to, attendance at public and private events (“events”), transportation of property, people, and/or surrendered, rescued, or abandoned Pug-breed dogs, for any reason, EACH OF THE UNDERSIGNED, for himself/herself, and/or his/her personal representative, hereby:
2. ACKNOWLEDGES that being around, near, handling, and/or transporting rescued dogs can be dangerous and may involve the risk of serious injury and/or death, and/or property damage and that he/she participates therein knowingly and voluntarily, and at his/her own risk, and hereby
3. RELEASES, DISCHARGES AND COVENANTS NOT TO SUE the Bluegrass Pug Rescue, Inc., its volunteers, any promoter, participants, sponsors, exhibitors, sanctioning organizations or any subdivision thereof, advertisers, owners and lessees of premises used to conduct the event(s), and each of them, their directors, officers, agents and employees (all for the purpose herein referred to as “Releasees”) from all liability to the undersigned, his/her personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin, for any and all loss or damage and any claim or demands therefore on account of injury to or death of the person or damage to property arising out of or related to the events or transportation of surrendered, rescued, abandoned Pug-breed dogs, whether caused by the negligence of the Releasees or otherwise, and
4. AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS the Bluegrass Pug Rescue, Inc., Releasees, and each of them FROM ANY LOSS, LIABILITY, DAMAGE, OR COST they may incur arising out of or related to the events, or transportation, whether caused by the negligence of the Releasees or otherwise, and
5. ASSUMES FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RISK OF BODILY INJURY, DEATH OR PROPERTY DAMAGE arising out of or related to the events and or transportation, whether caused by the negligence of the Releasees or otherwise, and
6. AGREES that in the event, a motor vehicle is used for any purpose related to the activities of Bluegrass Pug Rescue, Inc., including but not limited to the transportation of people, materials, dogs or other property of Bluegrass Pug Rescue, Inc., it is agreed that full liability insurance will be maintained on that vehicle, and further the undersigned expressly agrees to operate that vehicle in a safe and prudent manner, and
7. AGREES to the unrestricted use or publication of any photographs, videos or other media in which the undersigned may be included, which are taken of the undersigned while participating in the events, whether taken by Bluegrass Pug Rescue, Inc., or others; and releases, discharges and covenants not to sue the Bluegrass Pug Rescue, Inc., from any liability resulting from such use or publication, or distribution, including without limitation any claim for libel or invasion of privacy, and
8. AGREES that this Release and Indemnification of All Claims / Assumption of Risk / Covenant Not to Sue extends to all acts and negligence by the Releasees and is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law of the Commonwealth of Kentucky and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION OF ALL CLAIMS / ASSUMPTION OF RISK / COVENANT NOT TO SUE, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT AND HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT, ASSURANCE OR GUARANTEE BEING MADE TO ME AND INTEND MY SIGNATURE TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW. IF THIS RELEASE IS BEING SIGNED ON BEHALF OF A MINOR, THE UNDERSIGNED CERTIFIES THAT HE OR SHE IS THE PARENT, GUARDIAN, CUSTODIAN OR OTHER ADULT LEGALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE MINOR AND IS LEGALLY AUTHORIZED TO EXECUTE THIS RELEASE ON BEHALF OF THE MINOR AND FURTHER CERTIFIES THAT HE OR SHE IS AUTHORIZED TO AND INTENDS TO BIND THE MINOR AND ALL OTHER PERSONS WHO HAVE THE RIGHT TO BRING A CLAIM ON BEHALF OF THE MINOR, OR IN THEIR OWN RIGHT, TO THE TERMS OF THIS RELEASE.